Friday, June 12, 2009

T. R. O. Y.

well; im sittin here on anotha day off watchin vh1 and their MANY countdowns.
and my favorite BY FAR is the 100 Greatest HipHop Songs :]
and omg son, this shit makes me soo happy, let me explain.

i got all these issues nowadays, monetary, family, so on and so on..
and as corny as it may sound; i def feel priveleged to have grown up in BrooklynNY.
as flawed as vh1's list is, i remember all of these songs coming out.
i remember every one of these tracks blaring out the boom box in the summer.
my pops would sit on the top of the stoop and jus play track after track.
and as hot as it was outside, we didnt go in til the sun went down.

sometimes im miserable, unhappy and whatnot, but its these times wen
i reminisce about how i grew up and im truly happy :] i love hiphop.
rap is something you do, hiphop is something you LIVE. its a culture..
this whole concept is often argued, but thats how i feel, the artists that dont sell out;
the artists that do what they love despite whats popular..they are HIP HOP ARTISTS.

and thats what i love, i love hiphop, and all of its elements:
the b-boys :] the the emcee's :] the dj's & what i hold most dear to my heart,
the GRAFFITI; as much as me and my father have drifted over the years..
i have nothing but respect for the shit he did back in the day; and even today
when i see him draw or just write my name for fun it gives me that corny warm feeling.
my dad's tag is KEYS and sometime wen im in NY i still be seeing some of his throwies.
that is the dopest shit ever to me, talkin about all this actually overwhelms a little.

i wish things could be the way the use to be; i wish i could go back in time
and try and appreciate all the culture that surrounded me just a little bit more.
well; im guna go listen to these feel good jams and just chill..
and fa all my old school funky heads out there; one. two. three. GET LOOSE NOW!
lmao; have a good one my loves.

peace& prosperityy ♥
--killuh™

4 comments:

Vison.Air.y said...

your so fuckin DOPE Killuh. I'm glad you realize how amazing the culture of hip-hop is because a lot of people don't.

killuh™ said...

thanks love;
yu riqht :] yu pretty dope too pa.

K. Michel said...

Yeah? Your pops was a burner, Miss Killuh?

Graffiti was dangerous back in the day... but at the same time, that's what made it what it was. It's definitely something I respect with a passion.

killuh™ said...

yeea; biq time.
yu could still see alot of his shxt around brookyln :]
qraffiti is amazinq to me!