Saturday, October 10, 2009

i want to go WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE !



i'm sure that i am NOT the only person excited
about this movie coming out, but i have such an
emotional attachment to this story its overwhelming
waiting for this movie to open next friday.

well; my mother had me when she was 17; and she's
never been much of a big reader, she told me today
that when i was a baby she'd watch READING RAINBOW
& just buy me all the books that they talked about.

i grew up on Maurice Sendak's books :] this was my
absolute favorite book when i was younger &&
among all the shel silverstein books [the giving tree!]
oh..how i love to reminisce..

but WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE in particular is very
special and dear to me, i remember before i turned 6
&& my parent divorced that when i was unhappy, sad,
scared [due to fighting parents & usually a crying mami]
i always wished that i could just drift away to this
magical world where the wild things are..a world where
i'm important, loved & special..and i still wish the
same today; its my ultimate fantasy; to escape my
troubles and just BE HAPPY...

today i was at the movies watching FAME [good movie]
and when the trailer for WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE
came on with the bonus of a commentary from the author
MAURICE SENDAK & creative director SPIKE JONZE...
i found my eyes tearing and my heart racing.
and for that moment; i was SO happy, it was the
happiness that we all feel as children, and forget as
teenagers and young adults..no worries :]

& i will be one of the many in the crowded theatres
next friday watching this movie; and i'm sure loving
every minute of it :] nobody can ruin MY story !

PEACE&PROSPERITYY;

killuh™

No comments: